Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Barbour County

  •   State: 
    Alabama
      County: 
    Barbour County
      Zips: 
    36072
    36048
    36017
    36016
    36027
      Coordinates: 
    31.8696033045847, -85.39319697404028
      Area total: 
    904.52 sq. mi., 2342.68 sq. km, 578889.60 acres
      Area land: 
    885.01 sq. mi., 2292.16 sq. km, 566405.12 acres
      Area water: 
    19.51 sq. mi., 50.52 sq. km, 12484.48 acres
      Established: 
    1832
      Capital seat: 

    Clayton
    Address: PO BOX 398
    Clayton, AL 36016-0398
    Governing Body: Commission with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Barbour County, Alabama, United States

  •   Population: 
    25,223; Population change: -8.14% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    29 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $27,857
      Households: 
    9,991
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.00% per 8,587 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $762.86 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Barbour County's population of Alabama of 32,425 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,78-fold to 25,223 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 46.06% female residents and 53.94% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.40% in Barbour County, Alabama are married and the remaining 46.60% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.40% in Barbour County, Alabama are married and the remaining 46.60% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    11,618 residential units of which 83.29% share occupied residential units.

    24.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Barbour County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.26% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 16.38% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.23% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.14% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Barbour County, Alabama 58.79% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.93% are rented apartments, and the remaining 20.28% are vacant.

  • The 39.67% of the population in Barbour County, Alabama who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 50.440%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 48.990%) of those eligible to vote in Barbour County, Alabama.

Skyline of Barbour County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Henry Law Offices, PLLC

4924 Windy Hill Dr, Raleigh, NC 27609

Sibo Law

6735 175th St, Tinley Park, IL 60477

D'Angelo Law Library

1121 E 60th St, Chicago, IL 60637

Wright Joel D

60 E S Temple St # 1800, Salt Lake City, UT 84111

McDonald Jr James T

6170 Mountain Brook Ln NW, Atlanta, GA 30328

Landscape of Alabama