Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Cherokee County

  •   State: 
    Alabama
      County: 
    Cherokee County
      Zips: 
    35973
    35983
    35959
    35960
      Coordinates: 
    34.175956028897225, -85.6037938122663
      Area total: 
    599.98 sq. mi., 1553.93 sq. km, 383984.64 acres
      Area land: 
    553.53 sq. mi., 1433.62 sq. km, 354256.00 acres
      Area water: 
    46.45 sq. mi., 120.31 sq. km, 29728.64 acres
      Established: 
    1832
      Capital seat: 

    Centre
    Address: 260 Cedar Bluff Road, Suite 103
    County Annex Courthouse
    Centre, AL
    Governing Body: Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Cherokee County, Alabama, United States

  •   Population: 
    24,971; Population change: -3.92% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    45 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,700
      Households: 
    10,417
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.60% per 11,513 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $531.16 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Cherokee County's population of Alabama of 19,986 residents in 1930 has increased 1,25-fold to 24,971 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.16% female residents and 48.84% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.32% in Cherokee County, Alabama are married and the remaining 33.68% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.32% in Cherokee County, Alabama are married and the remaining 33.68% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    14,513 residential units of which 71.74% share occupied residential units.

    31.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Cherokee County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.59% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.87% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.18% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.26% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Cherokee County, Alabama 57.38% are owner-occupied homes, another 12.73% are rented apartments, and the remaining 29.89% are vacant.

  • The 50.66% of the population in Cherokee County, Alabama who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 74.890%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 23.660%) of those eligible to vote in Cherokee County, Alabama.

Skyline of Cherokee County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Smith Sean R

6 Concourse Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30328

Carlo G D'Agostino Law Offices

422 W Wesley St #4926, Wheaton, IL 60187

Oetjens Law Firm

704 S Foster Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70806

Hysinger & Pearson

1100 Leeland St #250, Houston, TX 77002

Herchenroder Jane A

1 W Cliff St # 2, Somerville, NJ 08876

Landscape of Alabama