Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Alachua County

  •   State: 
    Florida
      County: 
    Alachua County
      Zips: 
    32602
    32602
    32654
    32662
    32627
    32635
    32658
    32631
    32604
    32616
    32614
    32655
    32669
    32694
    32611
    32618
    32667
    32603
    32641
    32643
    32669
    32610
    32653
    32615
    32607
    32605
    32606
    32609
    32601
    32608
      Coordinates: 
    29.67475512519289, -82.35770180512834
      Area total: 
    968.81 sq. mi., 2509.20 sq. km, 620037.76 acres
      Area land: 
    875.54 sq. mi., 2267.63 sq. km, 560344.96 acres
      Area water: 
    93.27 sq. mi., 241.57 sq. km, 59692.80 acres
      Established: 
    1824
      Capital seat: 

    Gainesville
    Address: 12 SE 1st Street
    Gainesville, FL 32601-6826
    Governing Body: County Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Alachua County, Florida, United States

  •   Population: 
    278,468; Population change: 12.59% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    318 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,581
      Households: 
    8,581
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.40% per 134,931 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.25%
      GDP: 
    $12.91 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Alachua County's population of Florida of 6,273 residents in 1930 has increased 4,5-fold to 28,259 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 47.56% female residents and 52.44% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.71% in Alachua County, Florida are married and the remaining 35.29% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.71% in Alachua County, Florida are married and the remaining 35.29% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    123,359 residential units of which 91.38% share occupied residential units.

    23 minutes is the average time that residents in Alachua County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.87% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.50% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.21% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.28% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Alachua County, Florida 51.75% are owner-occupied homes, another 39.62% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.63% are vacant.

  • The 32.50% of the population in Alachua County, Florida who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 38.510%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 59.990%) of those eligible to vote in Alachua County, Florida.

Skyline of Alachua County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Stinger Law LLC

7926 E 171st St #115, Belton, MO 64012

John W Routh, Attorney

3232 Tazewell Pike, Knoxville, TN 37918

Robert J. Campos & Associates, P.LC

51 E Lexington Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012

David Hammit LLC

109 S Madison St, Madisonville, TX 77864

Quinn & Kegelman

309 Morris Ave STE A, Spring Lake, NJ 07762

Landscape of Florida