Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Daviess County

  •   State: 
    Indiana
      County: 
    Daviess County
      Zips: 
    47519
    47568
    47529
    47558
    47562
    47501
      Coordinates: 
    38.70241013777014, -87.07206825388752
      Area total: 
    436.87 sq. mi., 1131.50 sq. km, 279599.36 acres
      Area land: 
    429.50 sq. mi., 1112.40 sq. km, 274879.36 acres
      Area water: 
    7.38 sq. mi., 19.10 sq. km, 4720.00 acres
      Established: 
    1816
      Capital seat: 

    Washington
    Address: 200 E Walnut St
    County Courthouse
    Washington, IN 47501-2756
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Daviess County, Indiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    33,381; Population change: 5.48% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    78 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,087
      Households: 
    18,844
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.80% per 16,523 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.65%
      GDP: 
    $1.24 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Daviess County's population of Indiana of 21,056 residents in 1930 has increased 2,41-fold to 50,679 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.43% female residents and 49.57% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.91% in Daviess County, Indiana are married and the remaining 36.09% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.91% in Daviess County, Indiana are married and the remaining 36.09% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    12,738 residential units of which 92.14% share occupied residential units.

    24.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Daviess County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.61% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 18.31% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.10% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.03% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Daviess County, Indiana 70.90% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.40% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.70% are vacant.

  • The 55.66% of the population in Daviess County, Indiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 67.050%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 31.830%) of those eligible to vote in Daviess County, Indiana.

Skyline of Daviess County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Waits Law Corporation

1340 Florin Rd # 200, Sacramento, CA 95831

Crane & Vacco LLC

90 State St, Albany, NY 12207

JBJ LAW GROUP

1201 Borthwick St, Centralia, WA 98531

Stewart T. Weaver

1551 N, Waterfront Suite 100, Wichita, KS 67206

Robinson Trevor

256 W Freemason St, Norfolk, VA 23510

Landscape of Indiana