Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Delaware County

  •   State: 
    Indiana
      County: 
    Delaware County
      Zips: 
    47307
    47367
    47308
    47306
    47338
    47383
    47342
    47320
    47334
    47396
    47305
    47302
    47304
    47303
      Coordinates: 
    40.2275252636228, -85.39689943101831
      Area total: 
    395.91 sq. mi., 1025.40 sq. km, 253381.76 acres
      Area land: 
    392.10 sq. mi., 1015.54 sq. km, 250944.64 acres
      Area water: 
    3.81 sq. mi., 9.86 sq. km, 2437.12 acres
      Established: 
    1827
      Capital seat: 

    Muncie
    Address: 100 W Main St
    County Courthouse
    Muncie, IN 47305-2827
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Delaware County, Indiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    111,903; Population change: -4.90% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    285 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,643
      Households: 
    15,937
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.30% per 52,466 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.65%
      GDP: 
    $3.76 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Delaware County's population of Indiana of 20,553 residents in 1930 has increased 2,12-fold to 43,637 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.28% female residents and 49.72% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.85% in Delaware County, Indiana are married and the remaining 37.15% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.85% in Delaware County, Indiana are married and the remaining 37.15% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    51,464 residential units of which 88.32% share occupied residential units.

    21.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Delaware County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.02% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.28% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.09% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.72% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Delaware County, Indiana 61.03% are owner-occupied homes, another 29.31% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.67% are vacant.

  • The 26.26% of the population in Delaware County, Indiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 41.850%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 56.800%) of those eligible to vote in Delaware County, Indiana.

Skyline of Delaware County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Hyde & Swajanen, PC

600 N 3rd St suite a, Marquette, MI 49855

Murtha & Murtha PA

Orlando, FL 32801

Edward P Rush Associates

Warrington, PA 18976

Dwyer Sheridan & Fitzgerald LLC

100 Sycamore St, Glastonbury, CT 06033

Bartholomew & Associates

1145 S 800 E #127, Orem, UT 84097

Landscape of Indiana