Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Hancock County

  •   State: 
    Indiana
      County: 
    Hancock County
      Zips: 
    46117
    46140
    46154
    46040
    46186
    46055
    46163
    46040
    46140
      Coordinates: 
    39.823550462966864, -85.77323803446835
      Area total: 
    307.03 sq. mi., 795.19 sq. km, 196496.00 acres
      Area land: 
    305.96 sq. mi., 792.42 sq. km, 195812.48 acres
      Area water: 
    1.07 sq. mi., 2.77 sq. km, 683.52 acres
      Established: 
    1827
      Capital seat: 

    Greenfield
    Address: 111 American Legion Pl
    County Courthouse
    Greenfield, IN 46140-2370
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Hancock County, Indiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    79,840; Population change: 14.05% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    261 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $62,948
      Households: 
    14,506
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.60% per 40,363 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.65%
      GDP: 
    $2.75 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Hancock County's population of Indiana of 17,254 residents in 1930 has increased 2,3-fold to 39,654 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.27% female residents and 49.73% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.16% in Hancock County, Indiana are married and the remaining 35.84% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.16% in Hancock County, Indiana are married and the remaining 35.84% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    32,125 residential units of which 95.99% share occupied residential units.

    28.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Hancock County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    86.40% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.32% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.10% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.35% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Hancock County, Indiana 76.84% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.02% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.13% are vacant.

  • The 33.98% of the population in Hancock County, Indiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 64.250%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 34.670%) of those eligible to vote in Hancock County, Indiana.

Skyline of Hancock County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Angela Greene & Associates

5050 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38157

Penney Bryan

2084 Fremont Ave E, St Paul, MN 55119

Gleason & Associates Llc

23 Old Kings Hwy S, Darien, CT 06820

Ward-Mitchell

701 Bayshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606

Hamlin Thomas L

800 Lasalle Ave #2800, Minneapolis, MN 55402

Landscape of Indiana