Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lake County

  •   State: 
    Indiana
      County: 
    Lake County
      Zips: 
    46355
    46325
    46411
    46401
    46377
    46308
    46342
    46376
    46307
    46409
    46327
    46407
    46406
    46403
    46405
    46394
    46404
    46402
    46303
    46356
    46408
    46323
    46373
    46324
    46319
    46320
    46311
    46312
    46342
    46322
    46375
    46321
    46307
    46410
      Coordinates: 
    41.47221000581741, -87.37639166645818
      Area total: 
    626.65 sq. mi., 1623.02 sq. km, 401057.28 acres
      Area land: 
    498.79 sq. mi., 1291.86 sq. km, 319224.96 acres
      Area water: 
    127.86 sq. mi., 331.16 sq. km, 81832.32 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Crown Point
    Address: 2293 N Main St
    County Courthouse
    Crown Point, IN 46307-1854
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Lake County, Indiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    498,700; Population change: 0.54% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1,000 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $48,290
      Households: 
    41,977
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.30% per 225,185 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.90%
      GDP: 
    $24.44 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lake County's population of Indiana of 60,490 residents in 1930 has increased 1,86-fold to 112,417 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.76% female residents and 51.24% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.45% in Lake County, Indiana are married and the remaining 41.55% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.45% in Lake County, Indiana are married and the remaining 41.55% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    214,775 residential units of which 90.83% share occupied residential units.

    29.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Lake County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.14% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.94% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.11% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.06% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lake County, Indiana 63.95% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.13% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.92% are vacant.

  • The 43.10% of the population in Lake County, Indiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 32.410%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 66.640%) of those eligible to vote in Lake County, Indiana.

Skyline of Lake County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Amirian Ashod N

145 S Main St #2, Haverhill, MA 01835

Gary Sidell

1747 Pennsylvania Avenue NW #300, Washington, DC 20006

Sanford Erin L

518 Main St, Groveport, OH 43125

Chris Georgoulis & Associates

120 Wall St, New York, NY 10005

Whitmer J A

219 S 4th St, Elkhart, IN 46516

Landscape of Indiana