Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Ascension Parish

  •   State: 
    Louisiana
      County: 
    Ascension Parish
      Zips: 
    70738
    70718
    70728
    70707
    70725
    70778
    70774
    70734
    70346
    70769
    70737
      Coordinates: 
    30.203613374749235, -90.9113099905599
      Area total: 
    302.79 sq. mi., 784.23 sq. km, 193786.24 acres
      Area land: 
    290.06 sq. mi., 751.26 sq. km, 185640.32 acres
      Area water: 
    12.73 sq. mi., 32.97 sq. km, 8145.92 acres
      Established: 
    1807
      Capital seat: 

    Donaldsonville
    Address: 300 Houmas Street
    Gonzales, LA
    Governing Body: Council with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Ascension Parish, Louisiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    126,500; Population change: 17.99% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    436 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $58,913
      Households: 
    8,518
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.70% per 64,136 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.50%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $7.98 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Ascension Parish's population of Louisiana of 15,990 residents in 1930 has increased 1,32-fold to 21,039 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.59% female residents and 48.41% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.88% in Ascension Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 42.12% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.88% in Ascension Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 42.12% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    49,690 residential units of which 92.30% share occupied residential units.

    28.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Ascension Parish require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    85.73% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.67% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.11% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.95% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Ascension Parish, Louisiana 76.80% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.04% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.16% are vacant.

  • The 51.82% of the population in Ascension Parish, Louisiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 67.080%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 31.400%) of those eligible to vote in Ascension Parish, Louisiana.

Skyline of Ascension Parish

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Currie Colleen

2 Conz St, Northampton, MA 01060

A D Mack Law Offices

217 Oak Hollow Dr, La Vernia, TX 78121

Angela Greene & Associates

5050 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38157

Glassman Kenneth J

475 Park Ave S #700, New York, NY 10016

Thompson & Knight LLP: Thad Armstrong

1401 McKinney St Suite 1900, Houston, TX 77010

Landscape of Louisiana