Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Avoyelles Parish

  •   State: 
    Louisiana
      County: 
    Avoyelles Parish
      Zips: 
    71333
    71320
    71339
    71333
    71323
    71331
    71362
    71341
    71355
    71369
    71327
    71350
    71322
    71351
      Coordinates: 
    31.076297633151206, -92.00142110824694
      Area total: 
    865.73 sq. mi., 2242.22 sq. km, 554065.28 acres
      Area land: 
    832.04 sq. mi., 2154.96 sq. km, 532502.40 acres
      Area water: 
    33.69 sq. mi., 87.26 sq. km, 21562.88 acres
      Established: 
    1807
      Capital seat: 

    Marksville
    Address: 312 N Main St
    Parish Courthouse
    Marksville, LA 71351-2450
    Governing Body: Police Jury with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    39,693; Population change: -5.66% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    48 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $31,659
      Households: 
    13,441
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.00% per 15,048 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    9.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $899.90 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Avoyelles Parish's population of Louisiana of 14,569 residents in 1930 has increased 2,51-fold to 36,549 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.92% female residents and 50.08% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.62% in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 34.38% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.62% in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 34.38% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    18,126 residential units of which 83.75% share occupied residential units.

    29.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Avoyelles Parish require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.45% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 16.94% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.47% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.80% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana 65.78% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.97% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.25% are vacant.

  • The 56.89% of the population in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 60.430%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 37.350%) of those eligible to vote in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana.

Skyline of Avoyelles Parish

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Axelrod Ronald J

442 Speedwell Ave, Morris Plains, NJ 07950

Jones Law Firm

721 W 1st St, Cedar Falls, IA 50613

Macel H. Janoschka

10, 29 Franklin Rd SE, Roanoke, VA 24011

Hassett John M

1206 St Paul St, Baltimore, Maryland 21202

Landscape of Louisiana