Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Amite County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Amite County
      Zips: 
    39664
    39638
    39645
      Coordinates: 
    31.17439659365865, -90.80443184798334
      Area total: 
    731.60 sq. mi., 1894.83 sq. km, 468222.08 acres
      Area land: 
    730.10 sq. mi., 1890.95 sq. km, 467264.00 acres
      Area water: 
    1.50 sq. mi., 3.88 sq. km, 958.08 acres
      Established: 
    1809
      Capital seat: 

    Liberty
    Address: PO BOX 680
    County Courthouse
    Liberty, MS 39645-0680
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Amite County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    12,720; Population change: -3.13% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    17 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $31,181
      Households: 
    5,296
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.40% per 4,460 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $238.05 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Amite County's population of Mississippi of 19,712 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,65-fold to 12,720 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.56% female residents and 48.44% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.32% in Amite County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 41.68% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.32% in Amite County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 41.68% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    7,230 residential units of which 77.41% share occupied residential units.

    34.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Amite County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.82% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.50% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.80% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.19% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Amite County, Mississippi 68.85% are owner-occupied homes, another 10.71% are rented apartments, and the remaining 20.44% are vacant.

  • The 55.39% of the population in Amite County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.490%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 43.760%) of those eligible to vote in Amite County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Amite County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Carpenter Archie R

6204 Baum Dr, Knoxville, TN 37919

Chang Betty

600 Congress Ave # 2700, Austin, TX 78701

Orlick Martin H

2 Embarcadero Ctr # 5, San Francisco, CA 94111

Michael G Mc Kane Law Office

420 3rd St #100, Oakland, CA 94607

Kilkelly Law Offices

90 Salem St, Malden, MA 02148

Landscape of Mississippi