Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Covington County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Covington County
      Zips: 
    39119
    39479
    39428
      Coordinates: 
    31.633218341339152, -89.55262898640349
      Area total: 
    414.93 sq. mi., 1074.67 sq. km, 265555.20 acres
      Area land: 
    413.82 sq. mi., 1071.78 sq. km, 264843.52 acres
      Area water: 
    1.11 sq. mi., 2.88 sq. km, 711.68 acres
      Established: 
    1819
      Capital seat: 

    Collins
    Address: PO BOX 1679
    County Courthouse
    Collins, MS 39428-1679
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Covington County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    18,340; Population change: -6.28% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    44 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $31,935
      Households: 
    7,770
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.90% per 8,379 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $594.97 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Covington County's population of Mississippi of 15,028 residents in 1930 has increased 1,22-fold to 18,340 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.21% female residents and 47.79% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.54% in Covington County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 43.46% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.54% in Covington County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 43.46% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    8,290 residential units of which 87.99% share occupied residential units.

    29.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Covington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.86% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 17.42% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.34% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.15% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Covington County, Mississippi 76.19% are owner-occupied homes, another 13.29% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.52% are vacant.

  • The 53.70% of the population in Covington County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 58.380%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 40.710%) of those eligible to vote in Covington County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Covington County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Rosenberry Micolle D

9951 Atlantic Blvd # 235, Jacksonville, FL 32225

Scott R. Jackson

1324 E Grand Ave, Ponca City, OK 74601

Brown Fowler & Alsup

10333 Richmond Ave # 860, Houston, TX 77042

Jack Ring LTD & Associates

1 E Wacker Dr # 39, Chicago, IL 60601

Jeffrey L Stoehr Law Offices: Stoehr Jeffery L

108 S 2nd St, Elgin, Nebraska 68636

Landscape of Mississippi