Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Forrest County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Forrest County
      Zips: 
    39403
    39407
    39425
    39406
    39465
    39401
      Coordinates: 
    31.188869507482327, -89.25785994963067
      Area total: 
    470.24 sq. mi., 1217.92 sq. km, 300953.60 acres
      Area land: 
    466.04 sq. mi., 1207.04 sq. km, 298266.88 acres
      Area water: 
    4.20 sq. mi., 10.87 sq. km, 2686.72 acres
      Established: 
    1906
      Capital seat: 

    Hattiesburg
    Address: PO BOX 1310
    County Courthouse
    Hattiesburg, MS 39403-1310
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Forrest County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    78,158; Population change: 4.30% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    168 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $31,978
      Households: 
    29,926
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.00% per 32,983 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $3.26 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Forrest County's population of Mississippi of 30,115 residents in 1930 has increased 2,6-fold to 78,158 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.29% female residents and 47.71% male residents live in as of 2020, 47.00% in Forrest County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 53.00% are single population.

    As of 2020, 47.00% in Forrest County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 53.00% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    33,490 residential units of which 89.57% share occupied residential units.

    22.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Forrest County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.75% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.80% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.27% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.06% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Forrest County, Mississippi 54.02% are owner-occupied homes, another 35.91% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.06% are vacant.

  • The 73.95% of the population in Forrest County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 56.270%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 42.750%) of those eligible to vote in Forrest County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Forrest County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Robert Canada

5111 Lincoln Ave, Evansville, IN 47715

Miller Paul

11 E Greenway Plaza, Houston, TX 77046

Kevin Tabepc Law Offices

7676 New Hampshire Ave, Takoma Park, MD 20912

Lindsey Torres LLP

Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Hughes Randall L

1201 Peachtree St NE UNIT 1400, Atlanta, GA 30361

Landscape of Mississippi