Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Harrison County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Harrison County
      Zips: 
    39535
    39533
    39505
    39506
    39502
    39534
    39534
    39574
    39571
    39560
    39540
    39530
    39507
    39531
    39532
    39501
    39503
      Coordinates: 
    30.416049656470395, -89.081642682868
      Area total: 
    984.69 sq. mi., 2550.33 sq. km, 630200.96 acres
      Area land: 
    573.64 sq. mi., 1485.73 sq. km, 367130.88 acres
      Area water: 
    411.05 sq. mi., 1064.61 sq. km, 263070.08 acres
      Established: 
    1841
      Capital seat: 

    Biloxi and Gulfport
    Address: PO BOX CC
    Gulfport, MS 39502-0860
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Harrison County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    208,621; Population change: 11.50% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    364 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,865
      Households: 
    68,107
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.50% per 87,410 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $7.84 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Harrison County's population of Mississippi of 44,143 residents in 1930 has increased 4,73-fold to 208,621 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.66% female residents and 49.34% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.25% in Harrison County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 44.75% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.25% in Harrison County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 44.75% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    91,554 residential units of which 89.16% share occupied residential units.

    24.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Harrison County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.78% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.85% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.44% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.53% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Harrison County, Mississippi 55.86% are owner-occupied homes, another 29.54% are rented apartments, and the remaining 14.60% are vacant.

  • The 50.27% of the population in Harrison County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 62.550%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 36.590%) of those eligible to vote in Harrison County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Harrison County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Cohen & Cohen PA

22 State St, Bangor, ME 04401

Pedigo Carl

218 W State St, Savannah, GA 31401

Rossi David J

38 St John St, Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972

Wheeler & Allen

1467 13th St SE, Salem, OR 97302

John M Palm Law Office LLC

101 County Rte 561, Gibbsboro, NJ 08026

Landscape of Mississippi