Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jackson County

  •   State: 
    Jackson County
    30.46288760384844, -88.6228416147976
      Area total: 
    1043.40 sq. mi., 2702.40 sq. km, 667777.92 acres
      Area land: 
    722.80 sq. mi., 1872.04 sq. km, 462590.08 acres
      Area water: 
    320.61 sq. mi., 830.37 sq. km, 205187.84 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: PO BOX 998
    County Courthouse
    Pascagoula, MS 39568-0998
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Jackson County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    143,252; Population change: 2.57% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    198 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.50% per 58,435 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $7.50 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jackson County's population of Mississippi of 15,973 residents in 1930 has increased 8,97-fold to 143,252 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.89% female residents and 49.11% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.38% in Jackson County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 39.62% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.38% in Jackson County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 39.62% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    62,190 residential units of which 89.53% share occupied residential units.

    25.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Jackson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.70% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.53% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.36% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.23% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jackson County, Mississippi 67.31% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.54% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.15% are vacant.

  • The 51.75% of the population in Jackson County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 66.290%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 32.750%) of those eligible to vote in Jackson County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Jackson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Joseph P Sullivan Attorney at Law

523 W Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Maryville, TN 37801

Kelber Michael G

2 N LaSalle St # 2200, Chicago, IL 60602

James Schweitzer Law Office

222 22nd St Unit 205, Galveston, TX 77550

Yongman Zhang

11539 Park Woods Cir # 101, Alpharetta, GA 30005

Simon Fitzgerald Cooke Reed

1 Lakeshore Dr # 1600, Lake Charles, LA 70629

Landscape of Mississippi