Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lafayette County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Lafayette County
      Zips: 
    38949
    38655
    38673
    38601
    38677
    38655
      Coordinates: 
    34.35675792484352, -89.48491954783661
      Area total: 
    679.23 sq. mi., 1759.19 sq. km, 434705.92 acres
      Area land: 
    631.69 sq. mi., 1636.08 sq. km, 404284.16 acres
      Area water: 
    47.53 sq. mi., 123.11 sq. km, 30421.76 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Oxford
    Address: PO BOX 1240
    County Courthouse
    Oxford, MS 38655-1240
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Lafayette County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    55,813; Population change: 17.87% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    88 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $36,673
      Households: 
    16,847
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.10% per 26,570 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.88 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lafayette County's population of Mississippi of 19,978 residents in 1930 has increased 2,79-fold to 55,813 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.64% female residents and 49.36% male residents live in as of 2020, 46.71% in Lafayette County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 53.29% are single population.

    As of 2020, 46.71% in Lafayette County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 53.29% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    28,208 residential units of which 79.28% share occupied residential units.

    20.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Lafayette County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.80% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.42% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.05% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.50% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lafayette County, Mississippi 51.88% are owner-occupied homes, another 35.05% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.07% are vacant.

  • The 46.75% of the population in Lafayette County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.680%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 43.320%) of those eligible to vote in Lafayette County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Lafayette County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1130 Counties
2188 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Robert Bakke Jr

650 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

John J Resich Jr Corporation: Resich Jr John J

840 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

Law Office Of Christopher J. Bernard

513 Weeping Willow Ln, Maineville, OH 45039

Flinn & Beagan LLC

8300 Boone Blvd # 225, Vienna, VA 22182

Morrison & Frampton Pllp: Purdy Ryan D

341 Central Ave # B, Whitefish, MT 59937

Other Companies

Danis Lewis Law Office

264 N Main St, Natick, MA 01760

James W Mallonee PA

458 N Tamiami Trail, Osprey, FL 34229

F. Andrew Howell

513 Keywood Cir, Flowood, MS 39232

Smith & Brink PC

1650 Market St # 36, Philadelphia, PA 19103

Keighley David

New Bedford, MA 02740

Landscape of Mississippi